Book Review: The Almost Truth by Eileen Cook

Title: The Almost Truth
Author: Eileen Cook
Published: 4th December 2012

I've been needing to put a review up for this book for a while now. I read it, probably near the end of February and since then I just haven't had time to sit down a write one.

The Almost Truth is the first book I've read written by Eileen Cook...WOW...! I read the blurb of this book and was like, "yeah, this could be alright" and let me tell you, my "alright" was not the word to describe this book. I moment of almost in tears hit me when I was reading this book and I could probably say that if I was emotional, I probably would of cried...I am however rarely emotional during anything so an almost tear is HUGE!! (The only other book which made me almost shed a tear was The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks.) 

So this book revolves around a con. Sadie's mum wiped out all of her savings which was the only way she was going to get out of her "hell-hole" and move far away. She is in need to find money. And quick. With the assistance of best friend, Brendan, they set up the best con they can think of. But then this hoax becomes much more for Samantha. She starts living and breathing it. Believing in things she shouldn't. And uncovering something that could change everything.

This book definitely gives you the unlikely twists and turns when reading this book. So if you are thinking this will be a sweet "fall in love with boy and steal money" con, you are so so so so so wrong. Be prepared!

A word of warning if you do consider reading this book: do not read it expecting something realistic. There are somethings that are realistic, but the majority of the book is pretty fictional. The con isn't pick-pocketing or anything minor, it is pretty much a full convention, living and breathing each day with the con-filled air. If you're up for that....you WILL be blown away!

No comments:

Post a Comment